Monday 30 August 2010

New look

This is it!  This is the new look and this is how it will stay.  I'm not totally happy with it, but it took me hours to get it right.  I had to go into the html but to change the colour on the linked text, and html is not a happy place for me to be.

I eventually did it, and I'm not going to chance it going wrong again, so this is it.  The yellow for the text I want highlighted looks pretty anyway.

On an even more mundane front, my brand new washing machine stopped spinning, I tried everything, even looked at the manual, even though I have had washing machines for more years than I care to think about.

Eventually I had to give up and phone the help desk.  This is where it gets scarily stupid.  I was told I can't put just a few garments in at one time, for instance, if you have one of those awful garments that toss out colour like no tomorrow and you want to wash it separately, no way!!  In my new washing machine that ain't going to happen.  I was told it has to have a certain amount of washing to counter balance the spin thing.  It's the first I've heard of this, and it's the last time I buy a cheap end of the range machine.

So now I'm doomed for ever to putting in just the exact amount of washing, not too much, not too little, just right!!

I'm just off now to see if it's done the job as I added a few more oddments to the wash just to get the one thing I wanted washed and dried.

Laters!

No comments: