Saturday 7 January 2012

Dunno where to begin

Rambled thoughts about to hit the page.

Last time I was here there was no way I was going to leave the house, but a year or so has passed and I've had counselling and have actually been to a couple of major events this year.

Admittedly one with my counsellor and one with my son and his girlfriend BUT that would not have been achievable before.

The first monumental event with was my youngest daughters MA graduation ceremony .. I missed her degree one and cried all day.  This time I wanted to really try and get there, soo I made it a goal and me and my counsellor went out little by little .. she pushed me and I pushed myself.  There were little successes and a few failures on the way.  Usually me crying and panicking and wanting to go home, but THE BIG DAY WAS LOOMING  and I was getting stressed.

Anyway, I got there .. I hugged my precious daughter .. I walked in to the big building, I spoke to people, I went up the stairs, and sat on the balcony seats, a big bonus, my daughter was just below me so we could wave and smile as big as the moon.

I was also near the stage, so saw her walk across and collect her very well deserved MA.  This time I was crying for a happy reason .. it was one of the best times of my life that I could be there for her.

Wonderful, wonderful day!

2 comments:

Whitey G said...

Well done, mum. I can't believe how far you've come in this last year. It was the best thing ever to have you at my graduation, I just wish I hadn't been crying when you arrived!

I know that this is the beginning of big things! And I'm so so proud of you. Just think, when it's time for my next graduation it'll be a piece of cake to come and see it.

xxxx

zenfrogyeah said...

Aww Gemma I've just seen this comment, thanks so much:-) You know how hard it is because you've done more work on yourself than I could ever do, and you did it alone, so well done you, you're amazing!!

I loved the beginning, the crying was fine, I hugged you and it felt so good to be there for you, and yes will be at your Phd for sure:-)
Love you loads
xxx