Monday 16 July 2012

Tattoo

I also got a tattoo this year, something I've always thought I'd like but way to scared of the imagined pain.  Anyway, my daughter booked me in with her tattooist, Steve A, for an after work consultation.  They were so good making special arrangements for me, working after hours and sitting with me till the end.  Thanks so much!

I wanted a quote from Thich Nhat Hanh, a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, teacher, author, poet and peace activist.

The words meant a lot to me, they were a sort of mantra for getting out of the house and now I can see them all the time, and hold on to my them on my wrist for support.


Steve was patience itself, and really kind and very talented.  He wrote out the words I wanted in the design I had in mind and it came out better than I ever imagined.  It wasn't painful and I didn't get any after effects.

My fabulous tattooist Steve A.



I had to go into town for this, my son took me, and drove me home after, and my daughter sat with me, but the feeling of being trapped, which is what most agoraphobics get, was what I was most frightened of, but that didn't happen and when I got home I felt invincible!! and ready for anything.

Thanks to everyone for that great day.

No comments: